Somatic Bodywork Practitioner Training is rooted in the awareness that bodies heal themselves. Somatic Bodywork Practitioners have a role of supporting another (client or student) to realize one’s most adaptable and creative possibilities for integrated physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
A 250 hour training curriculum offers an in-depth experiential process in which participants learn the healing significance of full body holding, contact, movement, breath and sound to deepen their own somatic awareness and apply it directly to an innovative and sensitive bodywork application.
No matter what the state of the receiver, our primary objective is to bring to light that which IS already healthy. The investigative, exploratory process of the Somatic Bodywork Practitioner Training emphasizes direct experience and how to apply it's multitude of techniques and "non-techniques" for its intrinsic life affirming, feeling-sense, non-verbal communication and deep listening through movement and stillness.
Each of the training modules has 5 aspects:
1. Technique: A complete study and practice of somatic presence, full body holding,
cradling, transitions, contact techniques, sound and energetic work used in a Somatic Bodywork Professional session.
2. Somatic Education: Techniques to recognize repetitive movement, breath, thought and behavioral patterns in your client during a Somatic Bodywork session and tools and home practice exercises to empower your clients healing process.
3. Integral Anatomy: Experiential study into the integrative functionality of human anatomy, especially anatomical systems and how they relate and support one another.
4. Mindfulness and meditation: Formal instruction in Mindfulness and meditation techniques will be taught and suggestions for developing a home practice will be introduced. By quieting the mind and opening to the present moment, a Somatic Bodywork session becomes a deep meditative and healing experience for both client and practitioner.
A mindful attention to "being with a person, rather than doing something to a person" through neutrality and presence, the practitioner welcomes a deeper connection and healing potential for each session.
5. Personal Development: By honestly coming in contact with one’s inner self, in all its bright and dark aspects, we become clearer and more neutral containers for our client’s
healing process. This course offers many opportunities to dive deep into the shadows, discover and ultimately express your “inner gold” (ever-evolving life potential) through the process of giving and receiving Somatic Bodywork.
Somatic Bodywork Practitioner Training is an ideal continuation of professional skills for bodyworkers, massage therapists, Watsu practitioners, yoga teachers, movement specialists, dance/somatic practitioners, healthcare professionals, physiotherapists, personal coaches, psychologists, counselors, creative arts teachers. Somatic Bodywork is a meditative practice that enhances well-being, connection and awareness in a wide scope of fields.
This training is also open to those who are curious about movement, health, creativity and meditative presence for their own personal enrichment.
Somatic Bodywork Practitioner Training is facilitated by SOMATIC AWARENESS INSTITUTE, The institute offers a multi-dimensional terrestrial and aquatic bodywork instruction dedicated to the training of YogaSomatics and Somatic Bodywork Practitioners, focusing on somatic education. The classes of Somatic Awareness Institute are taught by institute director, ATEEKA, and an international team of guest teachers as a way to expand somatic movement, education and the awareness of Somatics worldwide.
This is a full 250 hour training from March 2019 - November 2020