Essential Oils for Yoga
a YogaSOMATICS approach for deeper connection to the world of plants
A 15-hour Teacher Training with Ateeka
OSLO, NORWAY - June 1 - 3, 2018
A training for yoga teachers (and all others!) who wish to widen their experience in how to work with essential oils in a class setting.
This is a practice-oriented, hands-on training that will give you down-to-earth tools for how to wisely and CREATIVELY include the use of essential oils in a yoga or movement practice.
We will connect to the plant kingdom as our guide into this journey . . . learning from the shape, feel, territory, scent and growing conditions of each plant-based essential oil.
There are many ways that we can use essential oils in a class setting to help ourselves and our students to connect more deeply with breath and an authentic first-person experience in the body (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual).
To let a precious drop of essential oil - applied in a conscious and specific way - to open our senses and awareness towards various energy points, meridian flows and energetic circulations in our own systems.
To let a precious drop of essential oil - paired with a gentle or restorative yoga gesture - to lead us towards a deeper awareness of rest in the asana.
To let a precious drop of essential oil - paired with gentle yet specific pranayama practices - to show us the way to knowing our breath and nervous system response in new ways.
In this 10 hour training, you will learn:
- A hands-on, sensory informed base knowledge of essential oils and the plants that they are derived from.
- The six families of plants from which essential oils are derived from and the specific effects on our system.
- How essential oils send messages to our nervous system . . . and how we can utilize this to open up new neurological responses. New experience = new movement = new life.
- Letting essential oils be a stimulus for becoming curious about our own inner body territory.
- Pairing essential oils with specific energy points, meridians and chakras.
- Effectively pairing essential oils and point work with yoga asana and pranayama.
- Diffusion and beyond: How to effectively diffuse oils in a class setting.
- Teaching your students how to apply the oils to themselves in practice/the gift of self-contact.
- Using essential oils as a way to create a contact-flow between the students in your class.
- How to nurture yourself AS A TEACHER with essential oils before or after the teaching practice.
- Making your own blends for your class
- The use of carrier oils
- Addressing student’s individual sensitivities to smell.
- Contraindications of essential oils for various conditions.
- Opportunity for Questions and Answers as you use the oils in your own classes.
- This 10 hour training will give you a concrete base of knowledge about essential oils and a clear format that you can use to share essential oils in your own classes.
Training includes a comprehensive "ESSENTIAL OILS for YOGA" course manual.
This course is valid for 10 elective credit hours for who is in YogaSOMATICS Teacher Training or SOMATIC BODYWORK Practitioner Training.